On this page you will find desktop font license (for ttf and otf fonts) as well as webfont license (for woff and woff2 fonts). Here below is the dektop font license while for the webfont License please scroll down to the bottom of page.
This End User Licence Agreement (the “Agreement”) sets forth the terms and conditions under which you are licensed to use the fonts. This is a licence agreement and not an agreement for sale. Omar Type continues to own the copy of the font software and all relted materials like modified versions, updates, additions and copies of the software, if any, licensed to you by Omar Type (collectively, “Updates”).
Omar Type grants to you a non-exclusive licence to use the font software, provided that you agree to the following:
You hereby agree to the following:
1. The terms stated above are restated and incorporated into this License. You are bound by the Agreement and you acknowledge that all Use (as defined herein) of the Font Software (as defined herein) supplied to you by Omar Type is governed by the Agreement.
2. "Omar Type Foundry" or "Omar Type" as used herein shall mean collectively Omar Type Foundry, its successors and assigns, its parent and affiliated corporations, its authorized distributors, and any third party who has licensed to Omar Type any or all of the components of the Font Software supplied to you pursuant to the Agreement.
3. “Fonts” or “Font Software” means software generates typeface and typographic designs and ornaments. Font Software shall include all bitmap representations of typeface and typographic designs and ornaments created by or derived from the Font Software as well as, upgrades, updates, related files, permitted modifications, permitted copies, and related documentation.
4. “Basic Licensed Unit” as used herein shall mean up to three (3) Workstations (as defined herein) connected to no more than one (1) printer with a non-volatile memory (for example, a hard drive), all located at a single geographic location. If you intend to use the Font Software on more equipment than permitted by a Basic Licensed Unit, you must create an “Expanded Licensed Unit” by obtaining from Omar Type Foundry, for an additional fee, a site license for all such equipment. “Licensed Unit” as used herein shall mean a Basic Licensed Unit or an Expanded Licensed Unit as is appropriate to the context in which the term is used. If you have acquired an entire Font Software Library (that is, a single license for Font Software for 500 or more different typeface designs) and you use such Font Software Library only at a single geographic location, then “Licensed Unit” shall mean up to twenty (20) Workstations connected to no more than two (2) printers with non-volatile memories at such geographic location.
5. “Use” of the Font Software shall occur when an individual is able to give commands (whether by keyboard or otherwise) that are followed by the Font Software, regardless of the location in which the Font Software resides.
6. “Derivative Work” shall mean a copy based upon or derived from Font Software (or any portion of Font Software) in any form in which such data may be amended, transformed, or adapted including, but not limited to, digital data in any format into which Font Software may be converted.
7. “Personal or Internal Business Use” shall mean Use of the Font Software for your customary personal or internal business purposes and shall not mean any distribution whatsoever of the Font Software or any component or Derivative Work thereof. “Personal or Internal Business Use” shall not include any Use of the Font Software by persons that are not members of your immediate household, your authorized employees, or your authorized agents. All such household members, employees and agents shall be notified by you as to the terms and conditions of the Agreement and shall agree to be bound by it before they can have Use of the Font Software. Distribution, whether compensated or uncompensated, whatsoever of the Font Software or any component or Derivative Work thereof is expressly prohibited.
8. “Workstation” as used herein shall mean a component in which an individual is able to give commands (whether by keyboard or otherwise) that are followed by the Font Software, regardless of the location in which the Font Software resides.
9. “Commercial Product” as used herein shall mean an electronic document or data file created by use of the Font Software which is offered for distribution to the general public (or to some subset of the general public) as a commercial product in exchange for a separate fee or other consideration. By way of illustration, not limitation, an electronic book or magazine distributed for a fee shall be considered a Commercial Product; a document distributed in connection with a commercial transaction in which the consideration is unrelated to such document (for example, a business letter, a ticket for an event, or a receipt for purchase of tangible goods) shall not be considered a Commercial Product.
10. GRANT OF LICENSE. You are hereby granted a non-exclusive, non-assignable, non-transferable (except as expressly permitted herein) license to access the Font Software (i) only in a Licensed Unit, (ii) only for your Personal or Internal Business Use, and (iii) only subject to all of the terms and conditions of the Agreement. This License grants no ownership rights in and to Font Software. You agree that Omar Type owns all right, title and interest in and to the Font Software, its structure, organization, code, and related files, including without limitations, the copyright, designs and trademarks rights embodied in or associated with the Font Software.
11. RESERVATION OF RIGHTS. You agree that the Font Software, its structure, organization, code, and related files are the valuable properties of Omar Type and that any intentional use of the Font Software not expressly permitted by the Agreement constitutes infringement, causing monetary harm to Omar Type Foundry. All rights not expressly granted in the Agreement are expressly reserved to Omar Type .
12. INSTALLATION. You may install and Use the Font Software on a single file server for Use on a single local area network (“LAN”) only when the Use of such Font Software is limited to the Workstations and printers forming a part of the Licensed Unit. For the purposes of this License, a server shall be considered a part of the Licensed Unit. For the purpose of determining the proper number of Workstations for which a license is needed, the following example is supplied for illustration purposes only: If there are 25 Workstations connected to the server, with no more than 5 Workstations ever using the Font Software concurrently, but the Font Software will be used on not more than 10 Workstations at any point in time, a site license must be obtained creating a Licensed Unit for 10 Workstations. Accordingly, if all 25 workstations will be in use at one point in time, all 25 Workstations must be licensed. The Font Software may not be installed or Used on a server that can be accessed via the Internet or other external network system (a system other than a LAN) by workstations that are not part of a Licensed Unit.
13. LIMITED EMBEDDING. You may electronically distribute Font Software embedded in a “Personal or Internal Business Use” document (that is, a document other than a “Commercial Product” as defined herein) only when the Font Software embedded in such document (i) is in a static graphic image (for example, a “gif”) or an embedded electronic document such as a document in the PDF format, and (ii) the document is distributed in a secure format that permits only the viewing and printing (and not the editing, altering, enhancing, or modifying) of such static graphic image or embedded document. You may not embed Font Software in a Commercial Product without a separate written license from Omar Type Foundry, and you may not embed Font Software in a PDF document where the Font Software can be accessed or where the Font Software is included as a resource in a data file for any reason other than your own Personal or Internal Business Use. Use of the Font Software in an Application (“App”), eBook or in a manner that permits third party remote access and use of the font software to create commercial products, such as by way of example not limitation, greeting cards, requires an additional license.
14. USES NOT PERMITTED WITHOUT EXPRESS CONSENT AND LICENSE UPGRADE. Use of Omar Type Foundry’s Fonts in the following circumstances and/or applications is NOT permitted without first obtaining the appropriate licensing upgrade:
a. COMMERCIAL ALPHABET OF LETTER FORM PRODUCTS created for resale;
b. BROADCAST or FILM;
c. ELECTRONIC DEVICE EMBEDDING such as in applications (“Apps”) in mobile or tablet type devices;
d. SOFTWARE EMBEDDING; and
In order to obtain a license upgrade, you must contact Omar Type at www.omar-type.com for more information. If you are unsure whether your use of Omar Type Foundry’s Fonts is specifically permitted under this Agreement, contact Omar Type Foundry.
Letterform or Alphabet Products is permitted on a limited basis. Such uses include, but are not limited to, scrapbooking uses involving reproductions of individual letterforms, use in the creation of signage or numbering products, rubber stamps, die-cut products, stencil products, tattoo flash, or adhesive sticker alphabet products or any other product containing any image of or derived from the design of the Font embodied in the Font Software of which any likeness of the alphabet can be reproduced which are created for resale by resellers of such products.
Broadcast and Film Usage refers to the use of the Font Software in titling, credits for any on-screen broadcast via television, or motion picture titling; For use in film or in television broadcasts, the terms of this License are limited to an annual broadcast season or the initial release and broadcast usage licensing must be renewed prior to following season (whether original or re-rerun, both foreign and domestic) to retain usage and proper licensing. Additional licensing options are available.
Embedded Electronic Devices includes the use of the Font Software for any onscreen display or on an electronic device outside a single location. For example, and not by way of limitation, such electronic devices include a kiosk or gaming devices, embroidery or sewing machines. Use of the Font to create a Company Logo is permitted. Upon the purchase of a license upgrade the Font Software may be embedded and resident within an electronic device provided it cannot be extracted from the device. NOTE: This restriction does NOT include laptop/notebook CPUs which are defined as a standard device in this License Agreement. The embedding or other use of the Fonts or the outlines thereof, in works distributed electronically and/or via physical media for sale is prohibited under this License. Any such use requires the express written permission by Omar Type and may or may not require the purchase of a license upgrade at the sole discretion of Omar Type Foundry. In the event any dingbats or other art forms are part of the Font Software, use of the artwork is further restricted. You may not use artwork, drawings or dingbats on goods for sale, in logo design, retail packaging or point of sale displays and in works that are printed in amounts greater than 500,000 impressions. Any such use requires the purchase of a license upgrade.
Use of the Font Software as Webfonts is only permitted by the purchase of a special license from an authorized distributor of such licenses.
15. PRINTED DESIGNS FOR RESALE AND DIGITAL ART DOWNLOADS.
You may use the font software to design and create printed works and digital word (not individual letterforms) art for resale without quantity limitations. Fonts used in digital download artwork must only contain static images (e.g.; jpg, gif, tif) and must not provide the outlined/vector-based letterforms or include the font file in the download.
16. LOGOS. You are permitted to use the Font Software in the creation of a logo or corporate identity and modification of a reasonable and limited number of letterform outlines is permitted. Under no circumstances can the modified letterforms be converted to working type font software.
17. ALTERATIONS. You may modify the vector outlines of a font you’ve licensed using an editing program such as Adobe Illustrator or Corel Draw. You may not alter Font Software for the purpose of adding any functionality which such Font Software did not have when delivered to you by Omar Type Foundry. If the Font Software contains embedding bits that limit the capabilities of the Font Software, you may not change or alter the embedding bits. Font Software may not be used to create or distribute any electronic document in which the Font Software, or any part thereof, is embedded in a format that permits editing, alterations, enhancements, or modifications by the recipient of such document. If you have reason to believe that a recipient of an electronic document possesses the capability to edit, alter, enhance, or modify such electronic document even though you have distributed it in a format which does not permit such editing, alteration, enhancement, or modification, you shall not transmit such document to such person.
18. SERVICE BUREAU. You may take a digitized copy of the Font Software used for a particular document, or Font Software embedded in an electronic document, to a commercial printer or service bureau for use by the printer or service in printing such document solely for the purposes of producing your work.
19. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The Font Software is protected by the copyright and intellectual property laws of the Pakistan and other nations, and by international treaties. You may not copy the Font Software, except as expressly provided herein. Any copies that you are expressly permitted to make pursuant to the Agreement must contain the same copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices that appear on or in the Font Software. You agree not to adapt, modify, alter, translate, convert, or otherwise change the Font Software, or to create Derivative Works from Font Software or any portion thereof. You agree not to reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of the Font Software, provided, however, that if you are located in a European Community member country or any other country which provides rights materially similar to the rights set forth in this section, you may reverse engineer or decompile the Font Software only to the extent that sufficient information is not available for the purpose of creating an interoperable software program (but only for such purpose and only to the extent that sufficient information is not provided by Omar Type Foundry upon written request). You agree to use trademarks associated with the Font Software according to accepted trademark practice, including identification of the trademark owner’s name and all use of any trademark shall inure to the sole benefit of Omar Type Foundry. You may not change any trademark or trade name designation for the Font Software.
20. NO SUBLICENSE. You may not rent, lease, sublicense, give, lend, or further distribute the Font Software, or any copy thereof, except as expressly provided herein. You may transfer all your rights to use the Font Software to another person or legal entity provided that (i) the transferee accepts and agrees to be bound by all the terms and conditions of the Agreement and (ii) you destroy all copies of the Font Software, including all copies stored in the memory of a hardware device. If you are a business or organization, you agree that upon request from Omar Type or Omar Type Foundry’s authorized representative, you will with thirty (30) days fully document and certify that use of any and all Omar Type Font Software at the time of the request is in conformity with your valid licenses from Omar Type Foundry.
21. BACK UP PERMITTED. You may make one back-up copy of Font Software for archival purposes only, and you shall retain exclusive custody and control over such copy. Upon termination of the Agreement, you must destroy the original and any and all copies of the Font Software.
22. NO WARRANTIES. OMAR TYPE DOES NOT WARRANT THE PERFORMANCE OR RESULTS YOU MAY OBTAIN BY USING THE FONT SOFTWARE. THE FOREGOING STATES THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES FOR OMAR TYPE FOUNDRY’S BREACH OF WARRANTY. EXCEPT FOR THE FOREGOING LIMITED WARRANTY, OMAR TYPE MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT WILL OMAR TYPE BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE (I) FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, LOST BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES, OR LOST SAVINGS, EVEN IF OMAR TYPE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR (II) FOR ANY CLAIM AGAINST YOU BY ANY THIRD PARTY SEEKING SUCH DAMAGES EVEN IF OMAR TYPE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusions of limitations of incidental, consequential or special damages, so the above exclusion may not apply to you. Also, some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusions of implied warranties or limitations on how long an implied warranty may last, so the above limitations may not apply to you. To the greatest extent permitted by law, any implied warranties not effectively excluded by the Agreement are limited to ninety (90) days. Some jurisdictions do not permit a limitation of implied warranties where the product results in physical injury or death so that such limitations may not apply to you. In those jurisdictions, you agree that Omar Type Foundry’s liability for such physical injury or death shall not exceed One Hundred Thousand Dollars (U.S. $10,000), provided that such jurisdictions permit a limitation of such liability. This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may have other rights that vary from state to state or jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The Font Software is non-returnable and nonrefundable.
23. CHOICE OF LAW AND VENUE. The laws of Pakistan will govern the Agreement as they apply to contracts entered into and wholly performed therein. The United Nations Convention of Contracts for the International Sale of Goods will not govern the Agreement. Any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this EULA or the breach, termination or validity thereof shall be finally settled in the Courts of Lahore, Pakistan or at the Omar Type’s sole discretion at your domicile's competent courts. You agree that You may bring claims against the Company only in your individual capacity and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class or representative proceeding. If any part of this Agreement is found void and unenforceable, it will not affect the validity of the balance of the Agreement, which shall remain valid and enforceable according to its terms.
24. TERMINATION. The Agreement shall automatically terminate upon failure by you (or any authorized person or member of your immediate household to whom you have given permission to Use the Font Software) to comply with its terms. The termination of the Agreement shall not preclude Omar Type from suing you for damages of any breach of the Agreement. The Agreement may only be modified in writing signed by an authorized officer of Omar Type Foundry. You agree that the Font Software will not be shipped, transferred or exported into any country or used in any manner prohibited by the United States Export Administration or any applicable export laws, restrictions or regulations.
All inquiries may be sent via e-mail to: email@example.com
Omar Type Foundry’s website is located at https://www.omar-type.com
By downloading, installing and/or embedding font software (“Webfont”) offered by Omar Type Foundry or its distributors, you (“Licensee”) agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions of this End User Licensing Agreement (“EULA”):
Omar Type Foundry grants Licensee a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive and non-transferrable license to link the Webfont to Websites using the @font-face selector in CSS files.
Licensee agrees to abide by the following requirements and restrictions:
a. Licensee must use the Webfont provided by Omar Type Foundry under this EULA. Licensee may not link to the full, CFF OpenType or TrueType font designed for desktop installation.
b. Licensee must include the entire commented header in the provided CSS file.
c. The total traffic of the Website(s), measured in pageviews per month, may be no greater than 500,000 pageviews. If your website recieves more than 500,000 pageviews per month, you can purchase a higher limit, or an unlimited license.
d. Licensee may only install the Webfont on Websites that it owns or controls.
e. Licensee may embed Webfont in reports generated by the Website(s), provided that Licensee does not sell the reports for profit.
Licensee may temporarily provide the Webfont to a website developer, agent or independent contractor, who is working on behalf of the Licensee, ONLY IF the developer, agent or independent contractor (1) agrees in writing to use the Font exclusively for Licensee’s work, according to the terms of this EULA, and (2) retains no copies of the Font upon completion of the work.
Licensee may not otherwise distribute the Webfont to third parties or make the Webfont publicly accessible or available except by embedding or linking in accordance with this EULA.
This EULA grants a perpetual license for the rights set forth in Paragraph 1 unless and until the EULA terminates under Paragraph 8. Omar Type Foundry will not charge additional fees post purchase, annually or otherwise.
Licenses for desktop use, computer applications and games, installable interactive books, software, mobile applications and games, Ebooks and Epubs, product creation websites, website template distribution, website templates, and other uses not allowed by this EULA may be available for an additional fee. Contact Omar Type Foundry for more information.
Licensee may not modify the Webfont or create derivative works based upon the Webfont without prior written consent from Omar Type Foundry or the owning foundry EXCEPT THAT Licensee may generate files necessary for embedding or linking in accordance with this EULA.
The Webfont is protected by copyright law. The Foundry is the sole, exclusive owner of all intellectual property rights, including rights under copyright and trademark law. Licensee agrees not to use the Webfont in any manner that infringes the intellectual property rights of the Foundry or violates the terms of this EULA. Licensee will be held legally responsible, and indemnifies Omar Type Foundry, for any infringements on the foundry's rights caused by failure to abide by the terms of this EULA.
This EULA, in conjunction with the receipt (“Receipt”) that accompanies each Font licensed from Omar Type Foundry or its distributors, constitutes the entire agreement between OMAR TYPE FOUNDRY and Licensee.
The Parties may modify or amend this EULA in writing.
The waiver of one breach or default hereunder shall not constitute the waiver of any subsequent breach or default.
You can embed the font in your HTML/CSS allowing your viewers to see your custom typography even if they don't have the font installed on their computer.
The total pageviews per month of all your websites must be less than the pageview limit you purchased. Limits can be upgraded later.
All of Omar Type Foundry licenses are perpetual, which means you pay once and use it forever. Omar Type Foundry does not require you to install any cumbersome pageview tracking scripts. We trust you.
This EULA is effective until terminated. If Licensee fails to comply with any term of this EULA, Omar Type Foundry may terminate the EULA with 30 days notice. This EULA will terminate automatically 30 days after the issuance of such notice.
THE PRODUCT, IS PROVIDED “AS IS”. OMAR TYPE FOUNDRY MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
The entire risk as to the quality and performance of the Product rests upon Licensee. Omar Type Foundry does not warrant that the functions contained in the Product will meet Licensee’s requirements or that the operation of the software will be uninterrupted or error free.
OMAR TYPE FOUNDRY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FROM LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, AND THE LIKE) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE PRODUCT EVEN IF OMAR TYPE FOUNDRY OR THE FOUNDRY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
This EULA is governed by the laws of Pakistan. Any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this EULA or the breach, termination or validity thereof shall be finally settled in the Courts of Lahore, Pakistan or at the Omar Type’s sole discretion at your domicile's competent courts.
All inquiries may be sent via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Omar Type Foundry’s website is located at https://www.omar-type.com
Webfont license updated on 24/05/2016